1.What are the facilities of the Yaşar University student dormitory?
Comprised by 2 blocks Yaşar University student dormitory has single and triple rooms options and all the rooms have their own baths and toilets. The blocks have study rooms, TV saloons, a shared kitchen, a laundry and an ironing room. There is central heating and cooling system in the building. In the rooms there is 24-hours continuous hot water and unlimited internet connection. Also, inside the dormitory there is a restaurant, a cafeteria, a mini market and a game room where the students can find treadmills, table tennis and billard. In addition, the students can benefit from the fitness center in the Yaşar University Selçuk Yaşar Campus.
2. What are the fees of the Yaşar University student dormitory?
2019 – 2020 Academic Year Dormitory Fees: ( EURO )
The fee includes the bed and breakfast price
Deposit : 350 €
Single Room : 3.550 €
Double Room : 2.650 €
Triple Room (Per person) : 2.225 €
2019 – 2020 Academic Year Dormitory Fees: ( USD )
The fee includes the bed and breakfast price
Deposit : 400 $
Single Room : 4.000 $
Double Room : 3.000 $
Triple Room (Per person) : 2.500 $
* The fee is for 9-month accomodation.
* The fee includes the heating, cooling service, electricity and water usage, 24-hours continuous hot water service, bed and breakfast, unlimited internet access, room cleaning for once a week and the supply of sheet, pillow case, duvet cover and their changes.
* The yearly fee is paid in advance during the registration.
* The fee includes %8 value added tax.
3. Can I choose my roommate?
If you request with whom you want to stay with while filling out the application form, the dormitory management will try their best during the placement process, within the bounds of possibility.
4. Can I change my room if I don’t get along with my roommate?
If you demand to change your room with a reason, you need to write a petition to the dormitory management. Your
request will be evaluated within the bounds of possibility.
5. How can I renew my registration?
If you want to renew your registration for the following year, you just need to fill out an application form and hand it in the dormitory management.
6. Can I invite my relatives or friends in my room?
Guests cannot be hosted in student’s rooms.
7. Can I have a pet?
No pets are allowed in the dormitory.
8. Can I listen to music or watch TV in my room?
Unless you don’t disturb anyone else.
9. Can I post any banner, poster, announcement, picture etc. in my room or dorm?
If you get approval from the dormitory management, you can.
10. What happens when I disobey dorm rules and regulations?
Appropriate warnings and penalties are issued according to Yaşar University Dormitory Regulations.
11. Are there any shopping facilities in the dormitory?
There are two big shopping and entertainment centers in a distance to the dormitory.
12. Do I need to bring my own pillow, bedsheet, duvet… etc?
Each student who is accomodating at our dormitory is supplied with a bed, an aleze, a sheet, a duvet cover, a pillow, a pillow case, a duvet and a coverlet.
13. Can I bring a mini fridge in my room?
The rooms have mini fridges.
14. Can you give me some information on cleaning of the rooms?
The cleaning of the rooms is done once a week by our experienced staff according to health and hygiene regulations.
15. Why do I have to pay a deposit? When can I get it back?
A deposit is required as a compensate for the damage that the students can give to the dormitory equipment and it is not refunded until the students leave the dormitory.
The deposit is not refunded in the case of any damages or missings of the dormitory equipment or any ongoing disciplinary proceeding or any unpaid instalment.
16. Is there any opening and closing dates for the dormitory?
Yes. It is decided by the Board of Trustees.
17. Can I stay in the dormitory during the summer holiday?
Only the students who can certify that they have an educational reason can stay in the dormitory during summer. These students need to get approval of the Board of Trustees.
18. Can I spend my weekend out of the dormitory?
You can spend the weekend in the address that is stated in your parent permission letter. You need to inform the
dormitory management about your leave.
19. If I leave the dorm before check out day, can I apply again for the coming terms?
Only students who have been asked to leave by the dormitory management or ones who violate rules and regulations cannot apply to the dorms again.